It's been a long time since I wrote and it must be the result of being distracted, very busy and sleep deprived. Over the last couple of weeks I had been caught in an awful downward spiral of waking up every night, not able to sleep and being left only more frustrated at not being able to sleep! The result of 10 such weeks: a very tired body and frustrated mind.
And as everything is shared here at college, I was fortunate enough to get struck by the flu. I say fortunate because it indeed was so bad that I had to get antibiotics and have since been living in the dreaming world of sleep, between drug doses of meds. It's not all that bad a place, as my body is fairly healed now and hopefully I'll be able to make a whole day of college without having to go home halfway to sleep.
It's been a time to reflect and make some big decisions too. After much praying and thinking through things, I have decided that I will finish college at the end of this year and return to teaching next year. I will however, be staying in Sydney and not be moving back to Tassie in the near foreseeable future, as most of my family now live here. A very difficult decision to make and ultimately the clinching factor was where I could serve more, in a church setting or a Christian school. This was the question I had when I started college and it strangely never changed. And so although I love studying, and I am part of a terrific year here at college and would hate to leave, I feel I can be used more as a teacher working with children for 5 days a week, rather than merely a day or two in a church setting.
So, in some ways, this decision is the one that had more implications attached to it. Now I have to find a place to live next year, a new job, move (again), do some church 'shopping' and so change seems inevitable. I'd love your prayers for wisdom in making these other decisions, for God to provide me with the right workplace that he wants me at and to be able to find a place to live and a church where I will feel at home at, to be able to serve and also be served.
Well, this has taken an awfully long time to write, perhaps because my mind is only working at half-speed, I'm going to blame the meds! We have holidays coming up here at college from Friday onwards - looking forward to reading and relaxing with the family. And perhaps get stuck into some painting and printing some shirts, I'll have to get the old silkscreen out again. So am taking a little break from posting, will be back in two weeks when term starts again.